Armed Forces Brewing Company
ARMED FORCES BREWING COMPANY is seeking a Taproom Assistant Manager for our taproom operations team. Our Assistant Manager works in partnership with the General Manager and other senior management to maintain the company’s culture in the taproom. Our Assistant Manager will serve as a leader for the beertenders, servers, keg runners, doormen while working closely with the General Manager and events team to assist in the day-to-day operations of the taproom, as well as some administrative duties.
- Support the company’s core values, mission and focus
- Oversee tap room staff including beertenders, servers, keg runners, and doormen
- Ensure all safety protocols are observed in the taproom, reinforce and improve our safety culture
- Utilize POS to properly register sales, open and close the tap room.
- Working with tap room management to increase efficiency and reduce loss.
- Provide great customer experiences and continually improve customer service in the taproom.
- Work with the General Manager to assist in hiring, training, and scheduling tap room staff.
- Drive impeccable front of the house customer service
- Works with General Manager to hire, develop and train staff, schedules, discipline, and staff education
- Maintains taproom cleanliness and organization of back office, break areas and customer areas.
- Work with Brewers and General Manager to provide staff with regular beer education
- Compile and balance cash receipts at the end of the day or shift.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding beer quality and/or service.
- Observe and evaluate staff and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service and deliver timely coaching where appropriate.
- Assign duties, responsibilities, and workstations to staff in accordance with work requirements
- Analyze operational problems and work to alleviate these problems.
- Hold all staff accountable to operating within brewery procedures.
- Assist staff as needed to create the most optimal guest experience.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- High school diploma, college degree preferred, or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience hospitality supervisory experience is preferred.
- Cicerone Certification a plus
- Virginia MART and RSVP certifications and TIPS certification a plus
- Must have a patriotic mindset and an undying respect for military service
- Strong knowledge or restaurant/tap room operations and service procedures.
- Passionate about craft beer
- Experience with draft systems, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Strong personal and professional organizational skills, manage time effectively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and similar software
- Experience with using a POS system.
- Attention to detail with a focus on quality and cleanliness.
- Leadership and ability to work with different personalities.
- Positive, solution-oriented mindset, focused on the tasks and goals.
- Positive attitude and sense of humor.
- Personable, kind and customer service oriented.
- A proficient knowledge of local, state, and federal alcohol laws and health regulations
- Flexible work schedule and availability to work nights, weekends and holiday
- Work with challenging patrons and fast paced environment of a crowded taproom
- Work in close proximity to working brewery (noise equipment, brewing odors)
- Follow all OSHA, DOH and all city, state and federal regulations
- Ability to work in a standing position for extended periods
- Able to reach, bend, stoop, sit and crouch
- Regularly required to lift and move weight ranging up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Salary based on experience.
To apply for this job email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org