Armed Forces Brewing Company
ARMED FORCES BREWING COMPANY is seeking an experienced, energetic, and service committed General Manager for our taproom operations. Our GM oversees the overall front of house operations for the tap room and manages/directs the Tap Room Assistant Managers, Bartenders, Keg Runners, Servers, Doormen, and Security team to ensure an optimal guest experience and achieve our guest service goals.
- Supports the company’s core values, mission and focus.
- Manages the day-to-day activities for the taproom and the customer experience.
- Oversees all tap room staff.
- Execute, oversee, and manage on-site special events, including private events and tours, concerts/music, and other promotional events to include calendar, promotion, setup, and staffing.
- Recruiting, hiring, orienting, training, team building, and scheduling staff.
- Lead with a positive attitude and build team morale through coaching and mentoring.
- Communicates all policy changes/updates to the taproom staff.
- Supports the team by overseeing opening/closing duties and assisting as needed.
- Order merchandise and maintain inventory levels that are appropriate and accurate.
- Assures that all necessary supplies are ready and available to Taproom, restocking as needed.
- Analyzes daily, weekly, monthly sales and operational expectations and goals; proposes possible solutions to grow sales and increase efficiency.
- Continually improves customer service and the customer experience within the tap room.
- Trains workers in service, sanitation, and safety procedures.
- Compiles and balances cash receipts at the end of the day or shift.
- Observes and evaluates workers and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service, and coaches where appropriate.
- Analyzes operational problems and establishes procedures to alleviate these problems.
- Ensures a safe and secure environment at all times.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- College degree preferred, or combination or education and experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a hospitality supervisory position.
- Must have a patriotic mindset and an undying respect for military service
- Virginia MART and RSVP certifications and TIPS certification a plus
- Cicerone Certification a plus
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles, P & L, budgeting, sales goals, and marketing.
- Strong knowledge in restaurant/taproom operations and service procedures.
- Strong commitment to impeccable service standards
- Experience with draft systems, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Strong personal and professional organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and similar software.
- Experience with using a POS system.
- Knowledge of beer and brewing process preferred.
- Attention to detail with a focus on quality and cleanliness standards.
- Leadership and ability to work with different personalities.
- Positive, solution-oriented mindset, focused on the tasks and goals.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Positive attitude and sense of humor. Personable, kind and customer service oriented.
- A proficient knowledge of local, state, and federal alcohol laws and health regulations
- Must pass a criminal background and credit check
- Flexible work schedule and availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Work with challenging patrons and fast paced environment of a high-volume taproom.
- Work in close proximity to a working brewery (noise equipment, brewing odors).
- Know and follow all ABC, OSHA, DOH and all city, state, and federal regulations.
- Ability to work in a standing position for extended periods.
- Able to reach, bend, stoop, sit and crouch.
- Regularly required to lift and move weight ranging up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Salary based on experience.
- Benefits Package
- Stock Grant Options
To apply for this job email your resume to email@example.com