Armed Forces Brewing Company
ARMED FORCES BREWIN G COMPANY is seeking Brewers! Brewers will be tasked with operating Armed Forces Brewing Company’s 30bbl Criveller 4-Vessel Brew House & 3.5bbl Premier Pilot Brew House to produce world-class flagship, seasonal and experimental beers. Reporting to the Head Brewer and guided by the Lead on the floor, the Brewer will follow standard operating procedures, bring a can-do attitude to the team and ensure all beer meets our quality standards safely and efficiently.
Brewers must have a Diploma/Professional Brewing Certificate OR any combination of appropriate experiential knowledge in the brewing field (3 years preferred). The right applicant will embody the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Comprehensive understanding of safety protocols in a manufacturing facility, handling raw materials, brew-house operations, cellar management, and separation procedures.
- Understanding of Caustic, Acid, and Sanitation cycles.
- The skill to quickly assess the status of operations and troubleshoot solutions in real time.
- Ability to work with a manual brew-house.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Follow SOPs with precision.
- Maintain a strong work ethic.
- Fork-lift certified.
- Operate a scissor lift.
- Exposure to wet or humid conditions.
- Exposure to hot and cold ambient temperatures.
- Work near moving mechanical parts including moving vehicles.
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals common in most breweries.
- Must be able to lift 55 lbs above head without assistance.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to complete a variety of physical tasks that may include heavy lifting, climbing, balancing, grasping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, pushing, pulling, walking, and standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to clearly communicate with coworkers in verbal and written form.
- Must have sufficient visual and auditory acuity in order to safely operate and be in proximity to heavy machinery.
- Must be 21 years of age to work for AFBC.
- Work schedules may require the flexibility to rotate through three shifts (5am-12am) including weekends and holidays.
- Must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check and driver’s license check.
- Ask questions and use a scientific approach to problem solving.
- Be willing and eager to learn, adapt, and pivot regarding any task on the production floor.
- Communicate openly and honestly.
- Stage raw materials and prepare for brewing operations according to set recipes and schedules.
- Actively monitor and execute brewing processes on manual brewing systems while maintaining quality standards and specifications set by AFBC.
- Execute daily cellar operations, including harvesting, dry hopping, fruiting, etc.
- Assist with production processes including all aspects of Packaging, Warehouse, Events and Tasting Room.
- Follow all SOP’s and adhere to good brewing practices in a safe and efficient manner.
- Perform quality checks on wort and beer including sensory analysis and measurement of gravity, pH, temperature, volumes of CO2, and dissolved O2 concentration.
- Maintain an organized, sanitary, and safe work area by cleaning up messes quickly after being created, returning tools after use, and cleaning any item that may contact product immediately after use.
- Perform CIPs including but not limited to: both brew houses, process lines, FV’s, BT’s, centrifuge, and yeast brinks.
- Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting of process equipment.
- Perform light duty mechanical adjustments.
- Become Forklift certified and operate forklift and scissor lift safely.
- Record production data in brew and cellar logs.
- Actively engage with brewing team for creative sessions to develop new beers.
- Execute any additional duties as assigned.
- Hourly Rate – $15-$25 Based On Experience
To apply for this job email your resume to email@example.com