Armed Forces Brewing Company
ARMED FORCES BREWING COMPANY is seeking Keg Runners/Specialists for our taproom operations. Our Keg Runners are tasked with providing ground support for our Beertender teammates, providing friendly and knowledgeable service to customers, setting up and breaking down our beer bars, stocking beer, changing kegs, cleaning beer lines when needed, cleaning tables and washing glassware. You’re an expert on our beer styles and the brewing process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with opening and closing duties, such as restocking product coolers, takes out trash, breaks down taps and ensures clean towels and glassware is available
- Moves throughout the taproom for dirty glasses
- Ensures clean glassware is readily available
- Be gracious, friendly, patient and have a helpful attitude towards guests.
- Washes glassware and organize glassware.
- Changes kegs when needed
- Organize kegs and clean beer lines.
- Keeps the bar clean by wiping down surfaces, sweeping and mopping spills, pick up trash
- Stays knowledgeable about all products sold.
- Assists with restocking, setup and/or breakdown of the taproom, restrooms, patio, and all other service
- Follows all safety, health and sanitation regulations.
- Assists with restocking product
- Any other assigned tasks as assigned by management and assist team members as needed to create the most optimal guest experience.
- High school degree or equivalent preferred
- Some experience as a bar back or similar services preferred
- Virginia RSVP certification and TIPS certification a plus
- Cicerone certification a plus
- Passion for craft beer
- Outgoing personality, positive attitude and strong verbal communications
- Listening and comprehending instructions from guests and coworkers
- Knowledge of craft beer and brewing process.
- Problem solver and able to work independently in changing and multitasking environment
- Able to work well with taproom staff and brewing team
- Flexible work schedule and availability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Work with challenging patrons and fast paced environment of a crowded taproom
- Work in close proximity to working brewery (noise equipment, brewing odors)
- Follow all OSHA, DOH and all city, state and federal regulations
- Ability to work in a standing position for extended periods (up to 8 hour shift)
- Able to reach, bend, stoop, pulling, grasping and crouch.
- Repetitive motion of wrists, hands, shoulders and/or fingers.
- Regularly required to lift and move weight ranging up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Hourly Rate – $10-$12 Based On Experience, plus tips
To apply for this job email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org