Armed Forces Brewing Company
ARMED FORCES BREWING COMPANY is seeking Virginia Sales Representatives to cover the State of Virginia with a focus on the Hampton Roads area. You are our boots on the ground representatives that breach doors into on and off-premise accounts driving beer sales and brand awareness.
The Sales Representative is an account-level sales person focused on growing Armed Forces Brewing Company’s business in Virginia. This position requires flexible hours, daily travel (some overnight), and frequent weekend events.
High-energy, detail-oriented person needed for fast-paced, but rewarding position. Must have pleasant personality, be self-motivated, goal-oriented, and the ability to communicate well with people. Beer industry knowledge and 3-5 years beverage industry sales experience is required. The ideal candidate would live in the Hampton Roads area and have a good, working knowledge of the corresponding beer scene.
Daily Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visit and maintain contact with retailers, restaurants, bars by making a minimum of 10 sales calls per day.
- Be thoroughly acquainted with every key decision maker or decision influencer in accounts.
- Perform 8 samplings/promos/staff trainings/beer festivals/all related events, monthly.
- Build displays in accounts with proper brewery signage and pricing.
- Search for new draft placements while merchandising accounts.
- Communicate daily w/ RSM or ASM regarding orders, trends, seasonal considerations and all other sales related issues.
- Analyze and Input wholesaler data in VIP iDig.
- Build & maintain relationships by communicating regularly with territory wholesaler sales managers & conducting regular wholesaler representatives work-withs.
- Fulfill needs of wholesalers as required (i.e., POS, tap handles, sell sheets, etc.).
- Monitor wholesaler’s inventory and depletions.
- Analyze sales data/ performance on a monthly basis. Be ready to report at monthly sales meeting.
- Complete company administration requirements on time and regularly, including expense reports, weekly/month recaps, monthly calendar, budget management, and daily e-mail responses.
- Conduct quarterly sales meetings/ presentations with our wholesaler’s sales staff.
- Must maintain a functional vehicle and have a driver’s license with NO DUI’S.
Wholesaler/ Market Knowledge:
- Knowledge of key people at wholesaler(s) such as owner, President/ GM, sales manager, supervisors, all sales people, merchandising manager, events coordinator, operations manager, draft manager and receptionist.
- Develop understanding for how the following gets done: POS orders, pulling and invoicing of samples, scheduling ride-withs, scheduling merchandiser account visits for specialty POS and beer displays, basic policies for handling wholesaler bill backs, receiving monthly sales reports, scheduling time at monthly/quarterly sales meetings and wholesaler compensation.
- Knowledge of pricing of all AFBC pack types plus general pricing of top 5 craft and import beer competitors in the market.
- Develop market profile and target lists.
- Strong knowledge of Armed Forces Brewing Company, its history, products, and values.
- 3-5 years of demonstrated success in beverage related sales.
- Experience working with Vermont Information Processing (VIP) software.
- Experience working with IRI Data collection.
- General knowledge of the brewing process and how all AFBC beers are produced.
- Communication styles – well-developed understanding of the four communication styles, proven ability to consistently recognize and adapt to all four styles, and the ability to master all five components of the selling skills process (opening, proposal, probing, objection handling and closing).
- Basic computer skills, and experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Previous beverage industry experience required.
- Salary Based On Experience
- Benefits Package
- Stock Grant Options
To apply for this job email your resume to email@example.com