Armed Forces Brewing Company
ARMED FORCES BREWING COMPANY is seeking a Shipping/Receiving Warehouse Manager that will be tasked with organizing and maintaining inventory in a high-paced production environment. Reporting to the Head Brewer and guided by the demands of Shipping and Receiving, the Warehouse Operator will follow standard operating procedures, bring a can-do attitude to the team, and ensure all of our world class beer safely makes its way to the tasting room and beyond.
Warehouse operators should be recently forklift certified and must be proficient with computers. 1 year of forklift operations in a warehouse is preferred. The right applicant will embody the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Comprehensive understanding of safety protocols in a manufacturing facility, handling raw materials, brew-house operations, cellar management, and separation procedures.
- Understanding of Caustic, Acid, and Sanitation cycles.
- The skill to quickly assess the status of operations and troubleshoot solutions in real time.
- Ability to work with a manual brew-house.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Follow SOPs with precision.
- Maintain a strong work ethic.
- Fork-lift certified.
- Operate a scissor lift.
- Exposure to wet or humid conditions.
- Exposure to hot and cold ambient temperatures.
- Lengthy exposure to refrigerated environment.
- Work near moving mechanical parts including moving vehicles.
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals common in most breweries.
- Must be able to lift/lower 160lbs (the weight of a full ½ bbl keg).
- Must be able to lift 55 lbs above head without assistance.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to complete a variety of physical tasks that may include heavy lifting, climbing, balancing, grasping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, pushing, pulling, walking, and standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to clearly communicate with coworkers in verbal and written form.
- Must have sufficient visual and auditory acuity in order to safely operate and be in proximity to heavy machinery.
- Must be 21 years of age to work for AFBC.
- Must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check and driver’s license check.
- Ask questions and use a scientific approach to problem solving.
- Be willing and eager to learn, adapt, and pivot regarding any task on the production floor.
- Communicate openly and honestly.
- Stage finished goods for delivery and tasting room transfers.
- Complete shipments by loading orders and processing BOLs.
- Enforce inventory controls by organizing and posting running lists of raw materials, packaging materials, and finished goods.
- Assist with production processes including all aspects of Packaging, Warehouse, Events and Tasting Room.
- Follow all SOP’s and adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices in a safe and efficient manner.
- Follow industry standard FIFO.
- Maintain an organized, sanitary, and safe work area by cleaning up messes quickly after being created, returning tools after use, and cleaning any item that may contact product immediately after use.
- Perform daily equipment checks on the forklift and scissor lift if necessary.
- Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Perform light duty mechanical adjustments.
- If not already, become forklift certified.
- Record production data manually, on iPads, and on Ekos.
- Actively engage with brewing team for creative sessions to develop new beers.
- Execute any additional duties as assigned.
- Hourly Rate – $13-$22 Based On Experience
To apply for this job email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org